Saturday, May 9, 2009

I am eating ESTER everyday!!!!


When I eat fruit, chew a sweet, drink flavoured milk, or remove my nail polish with remover, some pleasant odours from them will get in my nose. That are all due to a chemical substances called ESTERs.




Are we really eating these so called esters in our stomach?? The answer is definately "Yes".


Those artificial flavourings are all made base on ester, as I learn in high school, esters are actually made from alcohols together with a kind of acid called carboxylic acids through esterification. Esters are taste and bouquet component in sweet and some junk foods.

Its enhanced the taste in foods by adding in to the foods but all are chemicals.


Recently, I used to love chewing gum, when i was in the class, when i was in the cinema, when i was driving, even when i am showering too!!

Gosh, i am definately addicted eating esters into my stomach. Does it make my stomach get poison one day? When I recall back, I was feel like a little bit anxious. This is because all those artificial flavouring "swimming" around in my stomach. Oh Gosh!!! (scream again><)
As i know, those gums are made by menthol which called mint too. Menthol is a white crytalline alcohol with a mint flavour and strong odour. It is extracted from peppermint oil and being synthesised. Its all about chemicals and flavourings and additions. What else then?


Yet, what to do?? I am trying my best to stop chewing gums. Hope i do~

1 comment: